Micromax Launched MMX440W Wi-Fi router as well as a Wi-Fi hotspot device to connect any landline broadband, 3G mobile data cards (MultiSIM 3G data card, Reliance Netconnect+, Tata Photon Plus) as Internet sharing devices with support of upto 32 wi-fi enabled devices like laptop, android, windows phone, Apple smartphones at same time. Get high speed internet connectivity with secured access to any Wi-Fi device within 10 meters. It supports network like HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+,CDMA EVDO Rev modem compatible. MMX 440W is a Micromax’s first ever wireless router that comes with massive lithium ion 4400 mAh battery to stay connect long when main power switched off also it act as power bank to charge your devices.
How to use MMX 440W as Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot
To share your high speed Broadband connection to your all of your home devices via wireless connection then plug your LAN cable into the MMX440W to get your Wi-Fi hotspot, up and running and connect all your devices just single click.
The APN (Access Point Name) for mobile broadband data card setting may be automatically configured when MMX440W and data card connected according to the mobile network.
I think it’s easy to share BSNL EVDO modem, BSNL Wi-Max connection by using MMX440W with home Wi-Fi enabled devices. The statement from one of our reader- Tried with BSNL VEDO and MMX440W router but hard to connect and problem while connecting. So ask retailer to solve this problem.
MMX440W Wi-Fi Router price:
The price for MMX440W Wi-Fi Router not yet released any of online stores also by official Micromax store. But compare to D-Link DWR-113 3G Wi-Fi Router, TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/3.75G/4G Wireless N Router this MMX440W Wi-Fi Router has a n advantage of power bank. So price may go higher than other routers available in india and expected price Rs. 1500+.
Tips to connect or configure MMX440W Wi-Fi Router with Reliance 3/ pro 3 (Netconnect+) device
1) – Make sure Micromax device is on and connect the Reliance NetConnect ZTE – AC2791YU9AD610 to the usb port.
2) – Connecting with the device for the first time you’ll be prompted to enter password which is 12345678
3) – Once connected, on your mobile browser enter the IP Address of the Configuration Page, this can be found in the User Guide Booklet under the topic LOGIN TO THE CONFIGURATION PAGE and enter Username and Password is admin.
4) – Once the Configuration Page loads, in the menu click 3G
5) – In the 3G Settings page, uncheck AUTO SELECT 3G ISP
6) – In the dropdown menu next to 3G ISP, select RELIANCE INTERNET
7) – Leave the PIN CODE field empty
8) – In DIALED NUMBER field, enter the 4 digit reliance code, for me it’s #777
9) – In USERNAME and PASSWORD, enter the 10 digit number of your Reliance NetConnect + user where as Pro 3 and reliance 3 user enter username and pass as net
10) – Leave all the other fields as it is and click APPLY.
That’s it, now you should be able to connect to Reliance NetConnect+ (peo 3 and 3) through WiFi.